Purging - Essential for New Propane Tanks!
When filling your new propane cylinder for the first time, it is different than filling a used tank. When your new tank arrives, be sure to read the manufacturer's special "Purging Instructions" found on an adhesive label attached to the outside of the tank.
- Caution: Do not attempt to take your new tank to a gas station or R/V dealer for the first filling and purging.
- Go to a certified propane company in your community.
- Once this initial process is done, you can fill your tanks any where desired.
- Failure to follow these instructions will very likely result in many different problems with filling the tank and the operation of your appliances.
- For more information see our blog "Why do propane tanks need to be purged?"
- Don't forget about the requirement for tank re-certification.