DOT & ASME Propane Tank Differences
How do I know wheither to buy a DOT tank or an ASME tank?
Here are the basic differences. You decide which best serves your intented use.
- No Recertification Period
- Thicker Steel
- Heavier than a DOT Tank of the same capacity
- Designed for Stationary Installation. Not Designed to be moved when full
- Design & Standards Governed by American Society of Engineers. (ASME)
- Recertification Period are 12 Years after Manufactduring, then every 5 Years
- Designed for Portable Applications
- Design & Standards Governed by Department of Transporation (DOT)